If you are on social media, you have probably come across the expression "core wardrobe". But what exactly is such a wardrobe? The idea behind Core Wardrobe is to build a wardrobe with a few, but good, basic items that can be easily combined with each other. Choose garments with classic cuts and neutral colors that do not go out of style to give the wardrobe a long life.
WHY BUILD A CORE WARDROBE
- It makes it easier for you to choose an outfit in the morning.
- You know what to look for when you're shopping.
- It gives you a more sustainable wardrobe as it only contains garments with a long life in the closet.
HOW TO BUILD A CORE WARDROBE
- Find out which garment you wear the most and feel best in.
- Choose a palette with different neutral colors such as white, black, grey, navy and beige. This will make it easier to mix and match garments.
- Think about which shape you like best, skinny or wide leg? Oversized or tailored? Maybe you feel best in an oversized shirt? Go through all the shapes and choose the ones that are most flattering to you.
- Choose garments in materials that last. Wool, linen, silk and organic cotton are all fabrics that are durable and have a long life.